Ready, study, go…!

On this webpage, international students can find the latest news and practical information to help them get ready to start their studies. If you have any questions about your study start, contact us on or Whatsapp: +31 6 13 57 99 31.

Get ready


We look forward to welcoming our international students in September 2021. The measures in place to prevent the spread of the coronavirus are being gradually relaxed in the Netherlands, so not only are we looking forward to seeing our campuses buzzing with students again in September, but we’re confident you’ll be able to enjoy many more live social events too. Cafes and restaurants are opening up as are sports, culture and arts facilities. We’re keeping a close eye on developments, and we’ll let you know if the situation changes. Check out our corona FAQ for the latest information that could affect your studies and our campuses.

Keep up to date and find out more about the situation in the Netherlands by checking out the COVID-19 information pages on the Dutch government website .

Traveling to the Netherlands

We recommend you keep checking  the Dutch government website  for the latest information about traveling to the Netherlands, especially as the situation may change depending on where you are travelling from. At the moment, you need to plan in 10 days quarantine time after your arrival in the Netherlands. Make sure you bear this in mind so you can join in with the Study Start Week from 23-27 August and start your studies on time.

It may be good to know that if you don’t manage to get your COVID-19 vaccination in your home country before you come to the Netherlands, you can get vaccinated here as long as you are registered as living here. You can find out more about the vaccination programme in the Netherlands on the Dutch government website .

Study in times of corona

We understand these are uncertain times with the COVID-19 pandemic having such an impact on our daily lives. At NHL Stenden, we’re committed to playing our part in safeguarding the health, well-being and success of our students and staff. Academic continuity is of the highest importance which is why NHL Stenden is currently planning to offer approximately 70% of its education on-campus with the remaining 30% online, for all NHL Stenden students as per September 2021. An increasing number of vaccinated citizens and a (forecast) decrease of corona rates allow for such scenario, in a safe way.

We do of course realize that developments around vaccination and/or the virus itself may require adjustment of this scenario, but we also need to plan our actions by presenting an outlook.
Needless to say, the scenario currently on the table also will allow students to plan their studies (and travel to the Netherlands) under fairly normal circumstances. We also expect international students commencing their studies in September 2021, to actually be in the Netherlands.

We have also put together a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions which you can refer to here.

Corona updates & FAQ

Get ready!

Of course, it’s really exciting to move abroad for your studies, and you might not always be quite sure of what to expect. Fortunately, our students are keen to share their experiences so you can get a taster of what it’s like at NHL Stenden. Don’t forget to check out our “practical information” pages. They’re full of information that will help you get your academic year off to a success, from opening a Dutch bank account to renting a bike.

Study Start Week

Join the Study Start Week before your degree officially begins. It's your chance to meet fellow students, explore your student city and settle in to student life.