Business Innovation and Marketing
Sign up for this minorAs an NHL Stenden student
During the module, which will be held in Bangkok, the students will have the opportunity to introduce and market a new product or service into the Thailand market and correspondingly enter other Asian markets with the product. As per the new educational philosophy of NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, this minor will have DBE elements in the curriculum. The students will seek to create a new product or service for the Thai and Asian Market. In the modules, the educational activities will be complemented by online Lectures & Workshops, online Student Led Seminars (SLS) as well as online coaching sessions and Guest lectures.
In this minor the students will be able to identify, develop and create an Innovative product with special focus on Thailand and the ASEAN region with the aim to generate realistic and feasible strategies targeting the (specific groups of) Asian customers.
This minor is offered by International Business.
Structure of the minor
Minor Learning Outcome: The students will be able to identify, develop and create an Innovative product with special focus on Thailand and the ASEAN region with the aim to generate realistic and feasible strategies targeting the (specific groups of) Asian customers. The Minor consists of 4 units which covers the learning outcome: Value Driven Marketing (6 EC), Marketing Communication Plan (3 EC), International Market Entry (3 EC), and Personal Development (3 EC).
The minor is assessed as follows:
- Value Driven Marketing (6 ECs): Report
- Marketing Communication Plan (3 EC): IMC Plan (online) Presentation
- International Market Entry (3 EC): Market Entry Report
- Personal Development (3 EC): Portfolio
This minor is open to all students studying in a business or management-related programme. The students applying for this minor are expected to possess at least the following:
- Basic knowledge of the knowledge areas that will be covered in this minor, namely: Marketing, Marketing Research, International Business and Management, and Cross-Cultural Communication and Management.
- Be in their 3rd or 4th year of studies
- Completed modules in year 1 and 2 (most subjects in year one and two)
It should be noted that for this minor the medium of instruction is English. As such students are required to have a proficient command of the English language.