Change and Innovation South Africa
Sign up for this minorAs an NHL Stenden student
Do you want to help facilitate and encourage change in organizations? Drive innovation processes on both organisational and personal levels to improve a company? Then the minor Change and Innovation is what you need!
"Every success story is a tale of constant adaption, revision and change”– Richard Branson. Change isn’t easy, but it is far better than being stuck. The 21st century organisations are confronted with dynamic and ever-changing environments. Organisational change and innovation are therefore pre-requisites for staying competitive.
Have you ever experienced being stuck? What did it take to change? You might know that it is not easy to change your own conduct. Then just imagine what efforts are needed for organisational change and to strive for continuous innovation.In this minor, we explore the mechanisms, psychology and tools to empower employee-initiated innovation and to facilitate organisational learning. Building up personal values and developing passions of employment often lead to commitment, dedication, flexibility and a shared vision in return. Adaptive organisations are created to be ready for any challenge or opportunity.
The minor applies various educational activities, including working according to design thinking principles. Furthermore in this minor, change agent experts are ready to share their lessons learned with you. You will learn about change on an organisational level and with focal points towards your own personal leadership as well. Change and innovation is an essential must-have for any future business professional.
This minor is offered by the study program Business Administration.
Structure of the minor
- Understand operating in a VUCA world affects organisations;
- Understand how planned and emergent strategies are pursued by organisations to anticipate and cope with change
- Execute design thinking methods to create a vision and operationalised strategy for the future
- Evaluate the influence of organizational culture on change trajectories
- Understand how human psychological affects behaviour against and in favour of change and innovation processes
- Evaluate how power, leadership and communication affects change and innovation.
- Discover your own mindset towards change and examine one own role as change agent
- Case Based Learning – 3 ECTS
- Student-led Seminars – 3 ECTS
- Module Assignment – 6 ECTS
- Learning Diary -3 ECTS
Minor is accessible for students who have obtained a propaedeutic degree from a bachelor's programme and 30 credits from the post-propaedeutic programme associated with that programme.
All organisations are exposed to change and so is the future professional. Understanding the dynamics in change and innovation processes is therefore an essential must-have. Moreover students value the attention given to their own personal leadership and attitude towards change.