International Teacher Education for Secondary Schools (ITESS)
Would you like to study in an international environment? Would you be happy to work with young people in schools across the world? If so, teaching at international secondary schools may suit you.
Enrol in this course
You can register using Studielink.nl. We’re happy to help you through the process.
The study program International Teacher Education for Secondary Schools prepares you for a meaningful job and an adventurous career in the rapidly growing world of international schools.
- NHL Stenden has many years' experience in international teacher education
- Unique, four-year program aimed specifically at international secondary education
- Become an experienced, inclusive and skilled teacher, ready to work at various types of international secondary schools
- Great job prospects worldwide
- Teaching practice at international schools all over the world
- One semester (half a year) of study at a partner university outside the Netherlands
- ITESS offers five main subject fields and expects to add new subject fields in the coming years
- Social Studies: History
- Social Studies: Geography
For more information about the five subject fields, go to Study Overview.
Webinar | Spotlight on International Teacher Education for Secondary Schools (ITESS)
Various dates, 8pm (CET)
NEW: From now on ITESS is offered in Meppel at the new ITE campus
From September 2023 onwards, campus Meppel will be a special campus for International Teacher Education. Students of ITESS and ITEPS benefit from the facilities: a fab lab (a lab for learning and innovation), available and affordable student housing, parties and other events, a cozy canteen and modern classrooms.
Stay up to date
We would like to welcome you to our online events and open days.
You can also register for a walk and talk on our campus in Meppel.
For more information about ITESS, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Teacher Education
The International Teacher Education for Secondary School is part of the International Teacher Education from NHL Stenden. Other programs are:
- International Teacher Education for Primary Schools
- Master's Learning and Innovation: special track International Teacher Education.
Is this the degree for you?
If you're confident this degree is the one for you, then why not apply online straightaway? Or pick one of the other options to help you take the next step.