From September 2023 onwards, campus Meppel will be a special campus for International Teacher Education. Students of ITESS and ITEPS benefit from the facilities: a fab lab (a lab for learning and innovation), available and affordable student housing, parties and other events, a cozy canteen and modern classrooms.
International Teacher Education for Secondary Schools (ITESS)
Embrace the world of international education and work with young people in a meaningful job that can take you across the globe.
Enrol in this course
You can register using Studielink.nl. We’re happy to help you through the process.
With our teacher training degree, International Teacher Education for Secondary Schools you become an inclusive and skilled teacher able to work with young people in schools across the world. Combine your creativity and adaptability to teach your specialist subject to a diversity of learners with different backgrounds, needs and language levels.
- Top rated programme according to the Keuzegids Hbo 2024
- Gain extensive teaching experience in each year of your study in the Netherlands, Europe and beyond
- Learn to teach holistically and become an experienced, inclusive and skilled teacher
- Draw on NHL Stenden's extensive experience in international teacher education
- Benefit from the personal approach on our campus in Meppel and its lively community
- Get the skills needed to teach at privately funded international secondary schools
- Enjoy outstanding job prospects through a high demand for qualified international teachers worldwide
- Spend a semester studying abroad at a partner university
Online Open Day
9 March 2024, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm (CET)
Is this the degree for you?
If you're confident this degree is the one for you, then why not apply online straightaway? Or pick one of the other options to help you take the next step.