Leisure & Events Management
Are you interested in a career in the dynamic and exciting leisure industry and its various subsectors, including events, sports, arts and culture, tourism, and media? Then read on.
Enrol in this course
You can register using Studielink.nl. We’re happy to help you through the process.
If you are curious, enterprising, creative, a born organiser and ambitious as well you are exactly the sort of student who will thrive in our Leisure and Events Management programme.
- You will study at the number one Leisure & Events Management programme in the Netherlands, as listed in the Dutch Higher Education Guide 2022
- Practical focus: the programme works closely with the field, so you will organise events for clients or develop concepts & products for businesses in the leisure industry.
- The programme has a strong focus on sustainability
- You can spend part of your studies at a Grand Tour location in South Africa, Thailand or Bali.
- You will work on projects and research from NHL Stenden’s European Tourism Futures Institute (ETFI).
Study at NHL Stenden Webinar
Various dates, Various times
What’s in store for you
The main focus of the Leisure & Events Management course is on how to create meaningful and memorable experiences for individuals, organisations and communities in a sustainable way. You will quickly learn to look beyond the allure of the industry and will truly learn to understand the business and organisational aspects involved. During your four years, you will acquire a solid grounding in marketing, business economics, new media, project management, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and communications. The focus is on events, but you will also gain practical first-hand experience in different leisure sectors like sports, arts and culture, leisure, tourism, and media. You will use this new-found knowledge to your advantage when independently carrying out a project.
Make a difference
The Leisure & Events Management programme challenges you to make a difference in the international leisure & events industry from a sustainable perspective. Sustainable because we are prudent with our living environment, with mankind and nature. It is how we create valuable experiences for everybody.